CORONAVIRUS MEASURES IN LOMMEL
Planning a visit to Lommel? You can discover our city in complete safety. Our accommodation providers remain open and will do everything they can to ensure you have a good time in our city in the safest possible conditions.
What do you need to know before you come to Belgium?
Are you allowed to travel to Belgium?
Are you coming from a European green or orange zone?
- no test or quarantine required
Are you coming from a European red zone?
- fill in the Passenger Location Form at least 48 hours before arrival.
- certificate of complete vaccination (+ 2 weeks) OR certificate of recovery OR negative PCR test (max. 72h before arrival in Belgium)
Are you coming from outside the EU?
- certificate of complete vaccination (+ 2 weeks) AND negative PCR test (max. 72h before arrival in Belgium)
Are you coming from a very high risk area?
- entry ban for non-essential travel
- if admitted: mandatory quarantine of 10 days + PCR test on day 1 and day 7 during quarantine (from 6 years of age)
Always check the travel advice on the website of the Belgian government in advance.
Would you like more information about your specific destination in Belgium? Then you can check it here at any location.
What health measures are in force?
- Hygiene measures are essential: washing hands, sneezing or coughing into the elbow.
- Keep enough distance from each other: minimum 1,5 m.
- Wearing a mouth mask is mandatory in certain situations (see below).
- Events, festivals, meetings are allowed, always check the website of the organisation.
When do I have to wear a face mask in Lommel?
You must wear a mouth mask in busy places and in public buildings. Specifically, this concerns the following locations and matters, some specifically for Lommel:
- in the catering establishments when you move
- at markets and fairs
- in shops and shopping centers
- in the cinemas
- in the theatre, concert and conference halls
- in slot machine arcades
- in places of worship and places of reflection
- in museums (and monuments)
- on public transport, from the age of 12 (you wear a mouth mask from the moment you enter the station or the stop)
- in the publicly accessible parts of public buildings such as the House of the City and the library
- when you go to the hairdresser or beautician
- at the recycling center.
If you do not wear a face mask at these locations and in these situations you will be denied access and risk a fine. There will be extra checks on the wearing of face masks to ensure that our city remains safe for our local residents and visitors. Children under the age of 12 are not required to wear a face mask.
Attention: You are not allowed to take off your mouth mask to smoke.
What else do these measures mean for you as a visitor?
Can I spend the night in Lommel?
All accommodations (including campsites, bungalow and holiday parks) are open, including restaurant and/or bar and indoor facilities. For more information about all these options, any changed opening, but also the safety regulations, it is best to contact your accommodation.
You can rent a holiday home with 8 extra people, in addition to your own family. Children under 12 years old are not included.
Larger groups (15 people and more) are also allowed, provided the protocols of the tourism sector are followed.
What do I need to know about my visit to shops (food and non-food)?
- Restaurants, cafes and bars, catering delivery and night shops are open until 01:00.
- You can sit at a table with 8, instead of 4. This applies both inside and outside.
- Plexiglass is used on terraces where the 1.5 meters between the different tables cannot be maintained.
- Nightclubs and discotheques remain closed.
- All shops are open.
- All stores are allowed to deliver or install collection points as long as the applicable measures are respected. Consult the information of the relevant store.
- Local markets, flea markets, fairs and fairs can take place again.
- Café sports and games of chance such as billiards and darts are allowed again, as long as you wear a mouth mask.
Which recreational and tourist activities (sports, culture, folklore, etc.) are possible? Which locations are open?
Which activities are closed at the moment?